WIT Search

Wednesday 2 March 2011

WIT Wedding Wednesday: Christian Louboutin's bespoke service


Last week I had my Cinderella moment when I went to the Christian Louboutin store to choose my very own pair of bespoke wedding shoes. OK so I'm not really a Cinderella, but any mortal would have felt like a true princess when stepping onto that soft crimson carpeted room in a pair of scarlet soled creations. So my experience starts here...

The current window display of the Mount St store in London

So I get to the store, I immediately sit down on one of the fabulous couches to remove my shoes and start trying things on, I can't wait! But no no no... I am pulled away and shown to a "special" room: a secret doorway to shoe heaven! Behind a mirrored wall that slides open at the touch of a button, there is a small sitting room with plush couches, tea and cake waiting on the table, floor- to-ceiling shoes displays with the most exquisite archive shoes and the book...  



The Book
This file has hundreds of  fabric swatches to choose from

I sit on the couch and on the wall in front of me there is  a shoe display with all the "basic" styles to choose from:  peep toe, closed toe, courts, sling backs, sandals, shoe boots.. Then heel-hights and of course thin, thick, stiletto, chunky... then fabrics: satin, lace, leather, lurex, skins.. It's all so goregous I can't stop smiling and thinking of what fun it is to be a girl!


Archive shoes in one of the small displays in the "secret" 

I've made my decision and my shoes are chosen... My trial pair arrived on my desk and  this week end I used them for my dress fitting.. Which one-s will remain a secret, but this experience had to be shared with my fashion-loving WIT readers.
;-)


I LOVE Louboutin's!


11 comments:

amyshoelou said...

What an amazing experience! Can’t wait to see which style you picked. Thanks for sharing! x

Veebers said...

<3 I love the middle and the bottom two! Naturally, we need to see a pic of your wedding dress to make up our minds which look best hee hee but like that's ever going to happen?! ;-)

sounds like an amazing experience. Hope it was magical!

x

Kristin Whiting said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that you took us shopping with you -- what fun!! i am a friend of deborah's state side -- and thoroughly enjoy your posts every morning as i drink my coffee and think about what i am going to wear today!!

Anonymous said...

le vedremo allora solo dopo il matrimonio! ma quando ti sposerai? a londra o a firenze? è italiano il tuo ragazzo? non ci hai mai detto niente!
LudovicaR.

anto said...

next time I come to London I MUST go.....! you lucky girl!!!

Becky said...

This sounds amazing!

Michelle said...

That experience would even have Carrie Bradshaw drooling all over it! 2 words DI.........VINE!!!!! ;) How wonderful, can't wait to see which ones you chose.

♥ Sadie ♥ said...

WOW, looking forward to seeing which shoes you've chosen x

Martina said...

Oh my God
Now I know that paradise exists, and it's a Loubotin's store!
I really hope you chose a colorfull pair of shoes. Blue or, why not, red!

WIT said...

Ha Ha! thanks for all your messages girls, yes it was definetly a Carrie moment, I am very lucky and can't wait to show you all come June, but for now lips are sealed. Boyfriend is very shy and won;t be even mentioned on WIT... he's the man behind the scene ;-) xxx

Liset said...

wow, so great!! How long does it take to get a pair made like that? I am getting married in september!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...