WIT Search

Wednesday 23 November 2011

My sanctuary

There is one place that is simply my favorite place in the world, more than SPA's and more than any shop, one where I can get lost in my thoughts, take long relaxing bubble baths, play with my make up, listen to music whilst getting ready, and that place is my bathroom. When I got married and moved house I was lucky enough to move into flat where I got my own bathroom (bliss!) and since then I've been creating a little sanctuary of relaxation...
 
One of my favorite things is taking long baths with gorgeously scented products, one of my favorite is a milky soak  which smells absolutely divine and the name is just so convincing!

I only have a regular size bathroom but I've invested in a Jacuzzi bath tub (not that much more expensive I was surprised to find out!) and it's amazing! It;s like having your own little SPA at home...

I love swimming and being at sea.. so my bathroom's decor has and underwater and beach feel to it...

  I collect sea shells and put them in big glass jars on shelves

I also have a collection of fish, I got these candle shaped ones in Capri on my honey moon.

This comes all the way from Mexico!

I use Dermaogica products every day - my favorite is

My auntie hand embroidered a set of towels for me- it's such a special gift...

I couldn't fit my dressing table in my previous tiny flat but I finally got it back and I am so happy! It's much more than just a place where I get my make up done...

I have photos of special people, happy memories,  postcards from exhibitions I loved and cut-outs of photogrphers that inspire me. It's like a growing life-moodboard! 

Some of my favorite make up

 
I sware by Shu Uemura black eyeliner, it's the best I've ever used Shu Uemura painting liner £20. And I love YSL's Le Rouge Pur Couture and Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer Brick Compact £30.50 for a bit of facial glow!

;-)

I LOVE anything at Bliss Spa  my favorite products at the moment are the scrubbing lemon+sage  body soap bars and the "cellulite stimulator"... I'm such a beauty junkie!


Another favorite scrub is the Organic Pharmacy Cleopatra's Body Scrub- it smells of roses and is very effective, leaves skin soft and clean.

I keep all my make up in Muji stackable plastic boxes and label the contents. Obsessive (I know) but it saves me time and i always find what I need in no time!

I travel a lot and sometimes from one day to te next- so I always have my make-up and wash bag ready to go with all the things I need. I keep travel size products from hotels so that I can carry them in my handabg. I love Anya's travel pouches and I am building up a small selection of matching product.

This is my Ikea two-sided box of nail-stuff: one side holds all my polishes and the other all my tools..

And when Ive had a really long day and I want to give myself a real treat I use Clarins Foot Beauty Treatment Cream £20
My scents: Prada's Fleur d'Orange and Jo Malone 

And my favourite relaxing scented candle

And finally, I love mt storage! I get my white wicker containers from John Lewis and arrange them on my shelves. John Lewis has a great selection here


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Continuo a seguirti e ad amare i tuoi post!
Daria

Redcliffe Style said...

Your space looks gorgeous and inspiring. Time to reclaim my bathroom and organize my makeup.

www.redcliffestyle.com

Anonymous said...

Which Dermalogica products do you recommend? I want to put some on my Christmas list but there are so many to choose from x

Claire said...

Laura - what a lovely post.

Anonymous said...

Ahh You are so tidy!! How I envy you!! :P
Nice topic!!
xxx

Cris

Luxx Mint said...

Love this post, I like being nosy in other people's homes!

The doll on fashion

Style Souk said...

We have a Villeroy & Boch bathtub - as deep, seemingly, as the ocean - and relaxing with beautiful rose-scented products, candles, and Red magazine (of course!) is perhaps my favourite indulgence.

I would love to have my own bathroom, something tells me they are the secret to a long and happy marriage... ;0)

Sarah x

P.S: Laura, I bought my December issue of Red last week and adored your Christmas gift pages. The 'Bespoke' section has given me so many wonderful ideas - thank you!

http://stylesouk.wordpress.com

taffetaramblings said...

I love love love this post!

I also think your bathroom should be relaxing and a calm oasis away from everything.

the pictures are fab and I have Diptyque envy xxx

Anonymous said...

Ahh lovely, really envy your private bathroom. Share mine with hubby and all my two year old's plastic toys :(

Cristina Elle said...

E' meraviglioso il tuo bagno, adoro i riferimenti marini *_*

momben said...

la linea di dermatologica si trova anche in italia? carinissima la tua personale spa, la scritta relax รจ bellissima.
ciao momben.com

Siena in Style said...

i just love your pics!
kisses from prague!
http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

...ogni cosa al suo posto, ogni posto ha la sua cosa...!ma quante cose hai!!!!e' il bagno delle meraviglie....
mum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...