WIT Search

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Brocade brocade!


I have to admit that as much as I love these trousers I've been delaying the first wear because I was finding it hard to pair with something already in my wardrobe. My go with everything grey T-shirt was just not right, a baggy knit somehow didn't work.. I was struggling! In the end I bought a darker version of my American Apparel T-shirts and paired the lot with my Miu Miu bejewelled ballerinas + mannish tailored coat. I found that with such a statement pant keeping it simple was the way forward and I'm happy with the result!

French Connection coat, American Apparel T-shirt, Marni for HM trousers, Miu Miu ballerinas

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the skirt! Not easy to pair, I must admit :) I wore it with a baggy shirt... Do you like it? http://www.verdementablog.com/2012/04/gonna-marni-at-h.html

Unknown said...

Mmmm... Per evitare l'efffetto pigiama+vestaglia della foto, avrei indossato questi pantaloni molto più banalmente con la T-shirt coordinata di Marni, che se non sbaglio formava il completo.Oppure con una camicetta che richiamava il delicato lilla che si intravede nella trama del broccato. Un bel paio di sandali con il tacco li avrebbe sicuramente esaltati maggiormente. Il mio, comunque, non è il parere di una esperta di moda come sei tu:) Attendiamo di vederli in un insieme più... flattering!

StyleGuile said...

Good on you Laura for mixing it up a little and showing the rest of us the way! Beth

Kimmy said...

I guess quite a difficult one to wear but lovely fabric x

Josie said...

You've styled these so perfectly! I really love your coat too. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...