WIT Search

Saturday 14 April 2012

Diary from my Tunsian holiday


I've just spent a fantastic week with all my family in Djerba, Tunisia. Whilst the weather hasn't been great in Europe I've been blessed with beautiful sunny days which, between us, I was SO in need of! I've done a post about Djerba before (see some my previous post here and here), but every time I come here I can't help taking lots of photos of this picturesque island and share them with you. Here's a little photographic account of my Easter holiday...


My father set up Djerba Charme six years ago, and since then has built beautiful holiday rental villas true to Djerbian style.
(QUOTE "WIT" at your booking to receive a special WIT-friends discount!)


I stayed at Dar Cerine (Dar meaning home in Arabic), every villa has the name of a woman and this is one of my favorite house because it's perfect for a large family (see more villas HERE).


One of the things I packed that I was most excited about was my old Pentax manual camera with black and white film. What a thrill to go back to not knowing what the photos will be like, I've carried it everywhere like a 70's tourist!


Here I am at one of my favorite shopping spots: a courtyard that sells all sorts of antiques and funny old objects...


The souk (market) in Midoun is very busy and if you don't like to haggle it's not the place for you! I'm not great at it but because I've been coming for years I now have favorite places I go to where they know me and give me good prices.

One of them is the "rugs" shop - I buy loads every time I come here. I use them as beach towels, pic nic blankets, sarongs and they also make great little thank you presents and souvenir gifts.


Another great local find are babouches - I hadn't seen this pom pom style before it must be SS 2012!?! ;-)


I end up buying this gold pair...


I'm a big foodie... I stuff my face with fresh fish, a veggie dip called "Mishuia" mixed with a hot hot hot tomato paste called "Hariissa"...





Lounging by the pool with my sisters is also another favorite local activity!


...and here we are!


The beach, especially out of season, is beautiful- I think the best months to come to Djerba are April through to July and the September through to end of October for some autumnal sun. Apparently there are 300 days of sunshine in Djerba!


Growing up I always went to a place called Forte dei Marmi in Tuscany and my father named this beach after some of our favorite spots by the beach




Easter day I wore a simple stripy Top Shop dress with my Chanel sandals



Family snap: Easter day we spend lunching on the beach for hours...



Colomba is a typical italian Easter cake... between all of us we had two whole ones!



Ciao ciao palm trees and sunshine!

If you are interested in coming to Djerba you can email djerbacharme2@gmail.com 

QUOTE "WIT" at your booking to receive a special WIT-friends discount!

8 comments:

the stel style said...

nice picture!!! I never been to Tunsian but after I saw your pictures I think it's a so interesting pace!!!

Estel

http://thestelstyle.com/

Lonely Greenshoe said...

Bellissime immagini, posti stupendi! Un bacione

Ronda said...

OMG THIS PLACE IS WONDERFUL!!!! I MUST COME FOR A HOLIDAY THERE!!! YOU ARE SO LUCKY ENJOY!!!!
I ALWAYS LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!

Unknown said...

Ci sono stata due volte e l'ultima è stato il mio viaggio prima di avere mio figlio, quindi il mio ultimo viaggetto fatto nel 2008. E' sempre bellissima e merita una pausa di sole e relax. Tu eri bellissima con l'abito a righe!

Anonymous said...

LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and will happily follow. If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
Have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Pitiminí said...

Beautiful

Unknown said...

gorgeous photos. I've been to Tunisia a couple of times when I was younger and it's such an interesting place. i loved wandering around the souks.

love the camera too!


raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

xx

Lela Seaseight Design said...

Che spettacolo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...