WIT Search

Monday 16 April 2012

It all starts with a perfectly-packed suitcase


PACKING TIME
Back at home I apply my same old rules:
1) Lay everything on your bed: seeing everything helps not to overpack
2) Three of everything is my rule: enough to give you variety but not too much
3) Keep everything tonal: so you can mix and match everything in your wardrobe
4) Bring a statement piece: always pack something special or new that will make you feel fabulous
5) If you only bring one piece of swimwear make it a flattering black one piece

Zimmerman Belted ruched bandeau swimsuit £216.67



ACCESSORIES
An example of my "three of everything rule":
3 BAGS: a large tote, a hands free mini satchel and an evening clutch
3 SHOES: 1 sandal, 1 ballerinas, 1 pair of trainers


My Anya mini bag was a perfect travel companion, worn across the body leaving me handsfree to shop!


Anya Hindmarch Mini Gracie leather shoulder bag £341.67


BEACH ESSENTIALS
Sun hat, sarong, sunglasses (keep all accessories tonal too- it will save you so much time when dressing) and sunscreen factor 30


When it comes o sunglasses I love "cat" shaped ones with fume lenses, mine ar last season Gucci but I found these ones that are very simliar






I always pack a light weight cotton shirt too- it looks great over a bikini and if you choose an extra long version you can belted like a dress.


MiH Jenas Oversized cotton shirt £125



Travel tip!
Muji has a great range of travel product from mini bottles to vanity cases and much more. I love their travel slippers and eye mask which come in handy cotton pouches



PACKING MUST!
Maxi dresses are my absolute packing must, they are super comfortable, cover a moltidude of sins and are eve so practical. Jersey versions are my favorite, keep and eye out for shift like versions from the likes of Dorothy Perkins, Top Shop, mine is from Chinti and Parker and I love it because I can wear a bra underneath it (I hate spaghetti straps versions!)


HOODED JERSEY MIDI DRESS Price: £34.00



Always pack something special that you haven't worn before - I love this Jaeger dress I bought last year and my new Marni for HM silk maxi dress both make their debut on this holiday.


BEAUTY TIP
I try to get a pedi before going on a beach holiday but also always pack a small kit for touch ups and bring my favorite top coat (Seche Vite) to freshen up the polish. 


At night, slather on some foot cream and wear socks to bed, you will wake up with baby soft feet.. or do it the professional way with one of my favorite luxe home spa treats from Bliss





Stripes was an obvious theme in my wardrobe choice - here I'm off for an afternoon walk and layered cotton jumper over my Top Shop dress. Having packed everything tonally everything goes with everything and makes dressing so easy.

I LOOOOVE this Netaporter exclusive to add to my breton collection!

Chinti and Parker Heart-print striped cotton top £75


And finally choose stylish luggage- yes it's expensive but it says so much about you and you will use it forever. think about it, how many times are you really going to buy luggage? it's a life time investment



Follow my lead and packing will be a skip in the park! 
X

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love your pics and tips, specially
" Keep everything tonal". Good idea for next trips :)
Saluti da Milano
Laura

Anonymous said...

Brilliant post Laura. Hope you had a great holiday too :-)

Kirsten said...

Dear Laura,

I love your blue GAP tote bag so much, but I`m a little bit to late because the bag is out of stock. Do you have an idea where I can find a similar bag. I`m from Germany, so I just need addresses from online shops. It would be great if you can send me some ideas....

And keep on with your blog - I love it!!!

Kirsten

{Love, Love, Love} said...

Thanks Laura; we can always count on you for great tips and advice :)

Sissy said...

The three of everything rule is sooo useful! I will definately follow it next month when I will be packing my bags for London!

http://sacredandprofanedesigns.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...