WIT Search

Thursday 21 November 2013

My Beauty Stash


There are few things I like to talk about as much as fashion, and make up and beauty would be two of them. So I was delighted to be asked take part in a wonderfully nosey feature for Get The Gloss called My Beauty Stash, which focuses on industry insiders beauty cabinets, especially since I got to chat  to Red's former Beauty Director Rosie Green (the most knowledgeable beauty editor I know) . Whilst I was spilling the beans on my beauty obsessions, Greta was charming the hairdresser and getting a little styling session of her own, it was a lovely day and I even got my personal Rosie Green skin care recommendations, so hope you will enjoy the feature as much as I did shooting it. Read a little preview below and visit www.getthegloss.com for the full lowdown.



Rosie Green met with fashion editor and style blogger Laura Fantacci to find out what beauty secrets lay within her beauty stash.

Mixing Italian flair with London edge Laura Fantacci’s Wearing It Today blog is the ultimate fash-piration. Rosie Green gets an access all areas pass on her beauty haul and finds she likes products. A LOT.


What are your can’t-survive-without skincare products?
"I’m obsessed with my skin feeling 100% clean. I like to wash my face in the shower using either Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel, £27, or Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, £13.25. Both are brilliantly non-drying and remove my eye make-up easily too. Then I use a couple of drops of SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 serum, £59, to give my skin plumpness.  It’s expensive, but my last bottle went from June to September.  I also use their Daily Sun Defense, SPF 20, £27."


"I love using a face oil in the evening. It feels like a warm, nurturing hug after a long day. My favourite is Vaishaly Night Nourisher, £75. For facemasks I love Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque, £31.90, which is brilliantly cooling in the summer (I keep it in the fridge).  In the winter I love Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask, £32.90. I’ll use Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser, £35.60, about once every two weeks, really massaging it in.  You’re a little red straight afterwards, but the next day you really glow."


And give us the lowdown on your hair?
"I had super long hair, but after I had my daughter I felt ready for a change. I discovered George and Sally Northwood at Josh Wood Atelier, who now cut and lighten it.  I sit there for six hours and I faint every time I get the bill but it is worth it. I’m not fussy about shampoo. I use one called Mustela Baby Shampoo, £7.50, which I buy from a French pharmacy for my daughter. I don’t use conditioner, but rough dry it with salt spray - the Lavett  & Chin Sea Salt Texturizing Mist, £25. It looks better if I sleep on it damp."

Read the whole feature visit www.getthegloss.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both tops you're wearing in the post! Where did you get them? x

Unknown said...

I love you blog Laura (also a Red subscriber!) keep the great posts coming! As a mum to be I'm really enjoying the maternity style advice in particular.

Can you tell me what the colour of your walls and chimney breast is in this post? It looks like Farrow & Ball's Lulworth Blue or Dix Blue which I've been deciding between, but would be great to know.

Thanks, Anna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...