WIT Search

Thursday 5 December 2013

WIT's Christmas Gift Guide (for you!)

It's December and that can only mean one thing, Christmas is just days away! To get in the spirit, and also dream a little, I've compiled a WIT Christmas gift guide especially for YOU! Yes because the next 15 gift ideas are all those lovely things that us WIT-girls would love to half but probably wouldn't dare to ask or ever buy for themselves: a bit of monogramming, a forever little piece of jewellery or that mani/pedi voucher that feels like such a treat. Choose your favourite and wish wish wish (or just forward to your other half, I know I will!) perhaps you will find a Tippi sweater under your Christmas tree..


1) STYLISH LUGGAGE - Recently I've been travelling on the plane and thought to myself that I really need a chic tote that I can fill with everything from nappies to passports, throw over my shoulder and go. The ultimate dream would be the extra large Louis Vuitton Neverfull Mon Monogram, it's a classic bag that will never ever go out of style. The best thing is that you can even get it monogrammed with your own initials in whatever colour scheme you like. I had so much fun designing it on the website and although pricey it really is the ultimate bag to travel in style. www.louisvuitton.co.uk

3) SUNGLASSES - I don't know about you but I loose sunglasses like nothing else in my life. I loved my classic Wayfarers (lost somewhere between Rome and Capri this summer) and they were part of my capsule wardrobe of sunglasses. A great pair of sunglasses is always a fabulous gift to give and to receive.  Ray-Ban The Wayfarer acetate sunglasses £120

3) WINTER HAT WITH A TWIST - Every year I get a pair of gloves, a scarf or a hat and despite the fact that I love a bit of cashmere, this year I wish for a winter hat with a twist. I saw this in Liberty and absolutely love it, it's the perfect gift from a bunch of friends to get together and give to a fashiony friend. It's so cute on and just puts a smile on my face! Bernstock Speirs Veil Beanie Hat £85.00 at Liberty London

4) ALPHABET CUSHIONS - I love gifts that you can give year after year, for example to a best friend or even a goddaughter. Alphabet cushions would make the perfect gift, you can spell out someones name, a message or their initials. I love the monochrome graphic print with a touch of colour in the letters. On my dream couch I have an L, an S and a G. Alphabet Cushions Sue Timney £95 at www.therugcompany.com

5) JEWELLERY - If there is one user friendly, gift packed, all budgets, jewellery website it's got to be Astley Clarke. You can search by type, by price, by metal even my husband managed to get me an anniversary gift from it (loved my Eternal Ring). My favourite thing on the website is the Little Muse collection and in particular the pave diamonds earrings: they are super chic and delicate, the sort of thing you could wear everyday. A Little Muse Drop Earrings By Astley Clarke Muse £550.00

6) THE ALL YEAR AROUND SWEATER - You've heard it before, I'm aiming at owning the entire colour collection of the J.Crew Tippi sweater (currently scoring grey, red and pink). This is just such a useful gift because you will wear them with everything, so cost per wear it really pays off. Start with a navy and grey and see how you go and it you can't stretch to the cashmere version, the merino wool is just as good.  J.Crew Collection cashmere Tippi sweater item £188.00

7) WINTER BOOTS - If you are not in the mood to ask for something frivolous, a pair of winter boots are the perfect gift for you. I tried these pair on and they are super flattering on: they have a tiny heel but are as comfortable as flats. They will keep your feet dry and warm in the winter and look great with trousers or with skirts (they cut off on your ankles at a really flattering point). J.Crew Collection Chelsea monk-strap boots £350.00

8) SOMETHING FOR THE HOME - I love the www.grahamandgreen.co.uk  website and trawl on it all the time, you can find everything from cool photo frames to something for the kitchen. I particularly love this three faced mirror, it would look great in my bathroom hanging above my dressing table.. Tri-Fold Wall Hung Mirror £150.00

9) SCENTED CANDLES - Scented candles (a fab selection from SpaceNK) are exactly the kind of gift I adore to receive, I use them all around my house I but would never buy for myself, it's the sort of indulgent buy I can't justify. Weird I know, but true. My new favourite brand is called Ecoya, it's actually more affordable than all time favourites Miller Harris, Jo Malone or Diptyque and the Lotus Flower scent is the loveliest, clean smell you can imagine. Ecoya Lotus Flower / Madison Jar £37.00

10) VOUCHERS FOR MANI AND PEDIS - A mani or a pedi voucher is the ultimate treat and the perfect gift, always. Which girl doesn't love it even if once every so often!? Bliss Spa is my favourite because you can have a chocolate brownie whilst your feet are being soaked and scrubbed to perfection, you can buy gift cards here.
Cowshed is amazing too and I always walk out with shiny lacquered toes and nails and you can buy Vouchers online too.

11) LUXURIOUS HAND WASHES - Once again, something you wouldn't necessarily go out and spend on but how lovely to get a fabulous, luxe hand wash that smells and feels delicious sitting by your sink. I love the AESOP xxx, it has micro granules that gently exfoliate your skin and feels like such a  treat. Every time I go to Ottolenghi for a tea I make a trip to the bathrooms just to indulge in the free hand wash! AESOP Reverence Aromatique Hand Wash £27

12) PYJAMAS - A great gift for a friend or a sister is chic, cool nightwear like this J.Crew men's style shirt. My friend last year gave me the J.Crew Vintage pajama set £95.00 and I loved it, it was such a treat. If you live in the USA you can even get them monogrammed which makes it that more fabulous. J.Crew Nightshirt £68.00

13) AN ERES ONE PIECE - I never think to wish for something summery at Christmas, and come summer there is always something I desperately want, so this year I beg to differ. Think about all those lovely things you desire in the summer: a fabulous pair of flats, a great beach bag or a chic beach towel and add them to those lists. It will be extra special to save them up and pull them out next season. It has been my dream for years to have an Eres one piece swimsuit, they are excruciatingly expensive but are a classic staple and last a lifetime. My favourite style is in the Les Essentiels collection and it's called Pirate. In red please! www.eresparis.com

14) COSY SLIPPERS - Duddy? No, dreamy. I had this style a few years ago and it's like heaven for your feet. Try to belive.  Lounger Moccasins £59.00 www.celticandco.co.uk

15) LUXURIOUS BODY SCRUB - I always love giving beauty products to my girlfriends and sisters for Christmas, they also make the perfect stocking filler like a fab crazy colour nail varnish (Chanel packaging always makes an impression) or a fabulous red lipstick (the Nars range my fav). I also love bath, body and face oils which are so pampering, but for something a bit different I would opt for a sumptuous body scrub like one from the Laura Mercier range with amazing smells. Creme Brulee Sugar Scrub LAURA MERCIER £36.00icon

1 comment:

{Love, Love, Love} said...

I received a Louis Vuitton Neverfull for Christmas last year and it has seriously become my go to bag for everything. So comfortable on the shoulder and really is never full no matter how hard I try.
At the rate I use it I may need another one although it does age beautifully.
Hannah x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...