WIT Search

Monday 17 March 2014

Things I want from my RED pages

Coast leopard print block heel shoes £55.00
When I work on my Red pages it is really hard to contain myself as I get to see so many lovely things. The good news is that this has trained me to be really (no really) picky about what I like and the result of this is that what you see in Red (and WIT) is always, always the stuff that I would recommend to a friend or would buy myself (with the exception of high street bags.. I would always rather do designer). This April issue of Red was a particularly juicy one that I will (or have already - see the House of Holland skirt) be shopping from. Here's the lowdown..


My Week Day (or Week End) style pages always feature an inspirational woman from a past Red fashion shoot. I imagine what she's up to and give her a little wardrobe of great buys complete with life style touches such as beauty and home products too. This month it is all about your 9-5 working wardrobe and this woman is busy on appointment so chic, pointy flat shoes are essential..


I love these stripy canvas flats, I have them in rose gold and wore them all summer. This year they expanded the range and there are lots of colours to choose from. I'm tempted by the mirrored silver finish.


My next busy lady is an off duty mum running errands in town. She's busy organising her child's birthday party so I have featured party supplies from the same company I used for Greta's birthday called www.peachblossom.co.uk. She's in her stylish patchwork denim, classic breton and cross body bag (do you recognise my Jaeger hot pink bag too?)


I love a reworked pair of jeans, these Karen Millen pair similar to my HeM ones that so many of you liked.


Pointy flats are the new ballerina so for the April issue I dedicated an entire page to this flattering, leg lengthening style. Here's an edit of the best ones from metallic to print and snakeskin, but my favourite one has to be the classic leopard print.


Love the sexy cut out detail on this pair.


I then also often compile a five page trend report with all the things that are in fashion that season, but more specifically to buy that month (so you're not buying summer whites in January). April was a huge report with everything from bomber jackets, backpacks, how to do boho the grown up way and perspex details amongst much much more.


This Mango bomber jacket was of really good quality and perfect for anyone that was starting up n this trend (the other ones I featured where a but more crazy). I always try and think of every woman when I'm doing my pages, from different budgets to different body shapes so hopefully nobody feels left out.


It's a myth that ankle straps cuts off your leg - just fasten the strap loosely below your ankle bone. 


I have had a total crush on these shoes for a while now.. they are so expensive I might have to wait for the sale... but they have to be mine.  


So here is a little lowdown on what's on my shopping list for April. For more of my pages see the April issue of Red on the news stands now!
x

1 comment:

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

Lovely choices Laura - I would need a second home just for clothes if I did your job! It must be hard work but equally amazing but I would be soooo spoilt for choice and find it a nightmare not wanting to buy everything I featured.

I love the yellow Eileen Fisher mac - I spotted Red tweeting that a few weeks ago. I'm saving my April issue for next week as I have a weeks holiday x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...