WIT Search

Thursday 1 May 2014

Scrap book from a (busy) day in my life

  It's a great day today! My J.Crew invite is going up and I have a busy day of press days and fabulous evening events so I'm dressing to impress. 


The invite goes out and already dozens of you starts emailing your RSVP's


 
8am
Decisions decisions: stripes or floral?


 The sun is shining and I am feeling summery. I have two events tonight so I need an outfit that will take me through from am to pm in style and statement skirt and simple sweatshirt combination always works for me.  


I opt for my Stella McCartney skirt that I bought last summer and are yet to wear out, After all I'm meeting Jenna Lyons today so it's something of a celebration. This neon brocade collection is still partly available on The Outnet


8.30
Make up time


 I love this lipstick that a very kind WIT reader has sent to me all the way from the USA. It's from the Marc Jacobs make up collection not yet available in the UK and it's called Scandal


Greta comes in to make some outfit suggestions of her own...


 
9am
It's a quick kiss and I'm out of the house


9.10am
On the way to work I stop by the "WIT wall" for a quick pic of my outfit. Today I'm wearing my Stella skirt with a J.Crew Tippi sweater, Sophia Webster shoes and a Dolce e Gabbana mini bag


9.15
On the tube my flats go on


 9.30am
When I don't have a breakfast appointment I always stop by Leon for my daily take away. At the moment I'm obsessed with their yogurts with yummy toppings


I have a busy morning of A/W press days, it's a beautiful day and shopping assistant Polly and I are doing the rounds at Jigsaw, Hobbs, Top Shop and River Island..
  

10am
At the Jigsaw press day we get given this cute pom poms for our bags


11am
Two things on my shopping list for next season (both from Top Shop): a light blue coat and furry number


1pm
 Looking at more clothes and snapping everything I like (ticking in my brain what trends I will feature in our big September issue)


2pm
Back in the office for a quick desk lunch


2.30
Finally some desk time to catch up on my emails and plan my evening. I am going to the launch of the Sophia Webster™ for J.Crew collection and then to the amazing Pradasphere cocktails at Harrods


7pm
I'm back on my heels 

7.30
I meet my friend and Red's features director Sara at the fabulous J.Crew store to admire the Sophia collection and take mental notes on what we both want to buy for our summer wardrobes


The display at the J.Crew store


I have a little catch up with Jenna Lyons, she is always so kind and looks divine in her in her Pippa pumps. She wishes me luck with my J.Crew shopping evening and tells me she has a lot of faith in me.. No pressure Jenna!

Sophia Webster™ for J.Crew Pippa pumps (£480.00)
9pm
We are off to Harrods which is hosting a retrospective on the brand


A detail from one of the shoe cabinets with 10 years of Prada shoes...


11pm
Time to get a cab home whilst I catch up on my emails and appointments for the next day


12am
Make up off (quick kiss to a sleeping GZ) and it's bed time

3 comments:

momben.com said...

che bel post!
hai davvero stile Laura.
ciao
Benedetta
Artigianamente.it

Unknown said...

I simply ADORE this post and wish I were in London for the JC event…..unluckily am leaving the week before, but hope to be in for the NEXT one!!! laura, bravò

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

The J Crew Pippa Shoes ... swoon!

Your little girls pumps are even cuter - I would wear those myself :-)

Love your Stella skirt - lovely outfit x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...