WIT Search

Monday 16 June 2014

Happy Birthday Accessorize!

To travel I wore J.Crew jeans, Anya Hindmarch trolley, Jimmy Choo Rita bag and GAP slip on trainers.
Last weekend I went away with the Accessorize press team on a trip to Ibiza. Although press trips, along with dinners and fashion weeks are part of my job description, I dont often accept the ones that are abroad, partly because I never have time to take off from work and a day away from my desk can result in things not getting done, and partly because my week ends are very much dedicated to Greta, entirely.

But this press trip felt different from the word go: first of all we were all invited by Peter Simon himself, the owner and founder of Monsoon and Accessorize which I felt it was an incredibly kind and generous thing to do. It is Accessorizes 30th birthday this year and I really thought that it was a wonderful way to celebrate and support a brand that I love, buy from and that is so part of my life. Secondly, well..  What a wonderful guest list it was! I have known and loved the girls in the Accessorize press office for years (some of them Ive known from my very first days as a fashion editor!), but I was also looking forward to catching up with some of the loveliest friends and colleagues that work in the industry. 

With Erica from www.modernmummusthave.com
The occasion was also marked by the launch of Zaras (Peters daughter in the photo with me below) jewellery collection for Accessorize called Z. I had the opportunity to sit and chat with her about it, and I was fascinated to hear all about her years studying jewellery design at Central Saint Martin, her own jewellery line and also get a preview her Z collaboration with Accessorize - you and I are going to LOVE it!


I also got to meet part of the design team at Accessorize and see the places on the Island where they take their inspiration from (Accessorize is very much inspired by the island fashion sense and lifestyle). As a matter of fact I never felt more appropriately decked out in jewellery as I did in Ibiza, I wore necklaces and bracelets even with my swimsuits! 
The weekend was obviously fantastic, the weather was amazing and we were all treated like members of the family. Those of us that are also mothers possibly enjoyed it even a  tad more because I dont remember the last time I just lay by the beach..



I packed a monochrome suitcase of little dresses, beach covers ups, one pieces (I am NOT ready for a bikini) and flats only, for a casual laid back feel. It was actually one of my best-packed suitcases ever so I thought I would share the content:

3 days/2 nights carry on trolly
  • Beauty case with miniature products only
  • 3 beach cover ups (one tunic, one shorts + T-shirt, one peasant top + shorts)
  • 3 swimsuits
  • 2 evening outfits (one jumpsuits for the clubbing evening one little white dress for the at-home dinner evening)
  • 3 pairs of shoes: one tr travel in (slip on trainers) 1 for beach (black strappy sandals) one for going out (pointy metallic sling backs)
  • Denim jacket
  • Fun inexpensive jewellery
  • One clutch bags
  • One beach bag
  • One travel bag
  • Underwear
  • To travel (there and back with a change of T-short): cropped denim, grey T-shirt, gray cashmere jumper)

Wearing my Étoile Isabel Marant Bloom woven cotton-blend mini dress £270, Top Shop black crochet shorts £24.00 and an old French Connection white crochet dress that I bought years ago for my honeymoon.

It was all amazing and such a treat; getting to know the people behind the brand made me appreciate it even more (isnt that always the case?) and I dont think my (almost daily) lunch break trips to Accessorize will ever be the same  and somehow packing for a beach summer holiday will be much easier: its all about a crochet dress, a knitted caftan and a leather sandal with a touch of boho in the Accessorize


I've always been a fan of Accessorize and so many times I find myself buying lots of last minute bits and pieces at the airport (I never ever pack any expensive jewellery on holidays and I love an Accessorize trilby or neon pouch picked up last minute). You may have noticed that the current collection is exceptionally good, here some of my personal favourite Summer 2014 hits, all available online now on www.accessorize.com

 Cara Pom Pom Striped Tote £35

Party Princess Chain Friendship Bracelet  £15

Leather City Sandals £25

Prayer Bead Rope Necklace £19

Marseille Heavy Gem ZipTop Clutch Bag £32

Calypso Clutch Bag £39

Cara Tassel Woven Stripe Across Body £22

Shell and Sparkle Teardrop Earrings £10

Pretty Cutwork Neon Embroidered Tunic £37

Gloria Swimsuit £39

Horatio Stone Gladiator Sandals £32

5 comments:

catherine sprunt said...

I love all the pom pom detailing!

Unknown said...

truly preciou spacking advice!!! i'll keep it in mind,txs

bonbon said...

Sounds like bliss Laura - what a treat - Ibiza is an amazing place - not sure why anyone would put 'fail' - sour grapes that it's not them? I instead of thinking you deserve this for all your hard work - keep on doing what you're doing because it's fab and I can live vicariously through you :)

Unknown said...

Loved following your trip on Instagram, it not only lead to me buying quite a few things from Accessorize but it also persuaded us to book our Summer holiday to Ibiza - can't wait!

Unknown said...

Your holiday to Ibiza looks fab! I loved the Accessorise collection this summer, I have the cara tassel woven stripe bag and the beaded tassel necklace. What did you get from the z collection and what are your favourite pieces?
It's so delicate and pretty I got some today.
http://astandardofliving.blogspot.co.uk/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...