WIT Search

Monday 18 August 2014

Tunisian inspired buys

Isabel Marant Etoile caftan, Russell and Bromley flats, Marks and Spencers bag, Ray Bans
I know what you are thinking: "She's on holiday again!" but my Dad happens to live and have a business in Tunisia (www.djerbacharme.com) so if I want to see this side of the family... I have to go on holiday! Djerba is a small island off the coast of Tunisia, it is light years behind compared to European standards and it's one of the few places I am forced to do very little at all. I come here for family time, go to the beach, hang out with my sisters and nephew and do the occasional trip to the souk where I stock up on the local sarongs and hand woven raffia basket bags. I always pack very low key suitcase of linen caftans, sun dresses and sarongs but I'm always so inspired by fabrics and patterns here that I thought I would do a little Tunisian-inspired mood board of fabulous buys..

1) Top Shop dress £15
2) Top Shop scarf £18
3) Rachel Roy Evil Eye Drop Earrings £28.00
4) J.Crew tunic £64
5) LemLem Samara striped cotton-blend gauze pareo £135
6) Antik Batik Jango embroidered cotton clutch £95
7) ASOS espadrilles £10

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous kaftan! That's a great holiday outfit, missing the sun over here now x

TheOnlineStylist said...

Gorgeous photo of you Laura! I went to Djerba many years ago - really loved it. The perfect place for doing nothing...and even though my holiday was only three weeks ago, I could already go for a lot of doing nothing right now! Enjoy time with your family xx

Unknown said...

I love this post as I lived in Tunisia for 7 years! I miss the Souks & all of the baskets, pottery etc I didn't bring nearly enough of it back with me! I never made it to Djerba but was married on Kerkennah! Ax

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...