WIT Search

Friday 6 March 2015

WIT mama Friday: Greta's new bedroom




The WIT-refurb is still well under way (crying face emotion face), yet the end is "near" and I can finally start thinking about decorating the various rooms. Aside from my new wardrobes (more on that very soon), I am mostly excited about decorating Greta's room. I've been spending most evening on Pinterest (have a look at my home mood boards) pinning right left and centre with lots ideas on how to create the prefect bedroom for my little GZ.

When I had Greta I didn't know if I was having a boy or a girl, so for her nursery I kept things quite neutral with beige's and yellows (see previous posts here). But having a girl now means I can go a little overboard with the girlishness - plus, as a friend of mine quite rightly observed: "We have girls and could have boys next - so let's make the most of it while we can!"

With that in mind I made my first ever "pink decision" to date, and chose a Ferm Living harlequin wallpaper to create a feature wall where Greta's bed will go. Admittedly is not very pink at all, more like a dusky pink wash. When we move into the new flat, I will take GZ out of her cot and buy her a big girls bed. I've decided on a really sweet Ikea's metal frame bed, which is also adjustable. I will paint with a Farrow and Ball beige colour and then I'm having her bedding made in contrasting Liberty print fabrics (the ones in the moldboard). 

I want to be able to use most of the things she had in her nursery like her beautiful stripe arm chair and her fairy lights, so despite changing the colour scheme a little bit most things will still work. I'm looking for a rug and for ideas for her little desk space (we are encouraging her to be artistic!) and her reading corner. Send ideas if you have any!

1 comment:

Parsons Gray said...

Hi Laura,

Am so looking forward to seeing the house reveal! For a client I worked with recently, we created a huge, trimmed-out chalkboard for one of the little girl's rooms, which works brilliantly – you can see pics here:
http://www.parsonsgray.co.uk/page_3169482.html

Refurbs always take longer than you think – I hope you are 'home' soon!

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...